Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas is coming

...and I'm getting fat! As I walk past the box of oranges on the kitchen counter, with empty Cheezie bag in hand, I think "shoot, I should've had an orange." Alot of good that'll do me!

It's almost the middle of December and suddenly it feels like Christmas is upon us. There's so much to do and get ready for company coming and yet, I know I'll procrastinate (in true Lisa form) for as long as I can and then panic to get everything done and ready. Like Christmas cards for example. You know they'll take roughly a week to get to wherever they're going. So last Friday, I looked at the calendar and said "o poop! I gotta get cracking!". I love Christmas cards. I know people nowadays think they're a waste of time, or they just give out hundreds of those collage photos or something, but I like them. The old fashioned Christmas card. And I try to always write a little note in them too. Like no offense, but if the only thing written in the card is your name, then what's the point? A generic greeting from facebook or thru e-mail would've done the same thing for way cheaper. And I like the idea of keeping in contact with friends and family that you don't necessarily see very often. Nowadays people seem to do that less and less and so I think, if you can keep that tradition going, it's a really great thing. And it's only once a year, so I think the effort is worth it.

Anyway, my house smells like dirty diapers. I should really be googling how to get that smell out! Gross! Can't wait to be done with diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment